This month we’re celebrating vegetarians and vegans by promoting healthy, low in fat, vegetables in all their colourful variety.
Given the Feng Sushi treatment, the humble veg is more than just a tasty treat. ‘V’ is for:
• Vitality – low in fat and high in second-class proteins, vegetables give your immune system a boost to put a spring in your step
• Vitamins – green vegetables, such as spinach and, similarly, seaweeds such as nori and wakame, are packed with essential vitamins
• Variety – check out our new vegetarian menu for delights like tofu and soba noodle salad, green goddess maki and much more
Our creative team have been busy creating a delicious menu that is as good for you as it is tasty:
• French green beans in our spring rolls and tofu ramen are full of vitamin A, B6, B1 and vitamin C, along with iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese and potassium – essential for body metabolism
• Sweet and juicy papaya is full of vitamin C and E, as well as containing valuable antioxidants. It also aids digestion, reduces cholesterol and helps the body heal, as well as making a wonderful addition to our delicious spelt and feta salad.
• Fresh herbs get a look in too: coriander and parsley are joined by one of the oldest and most popular herbs in the world: fresh mint. Known as a natural mouth freshener, mint also contains vitamin A, C and a host of minerals, as well aiding digestion.
And on sustainability, Feng says…
Eating less fish once or more a week is a good way of introducing variety into your diet at the same time as doing your bit to help fish stocks increase.